Richardson invited the television show’s archeological crews to dig at the site of the Hatfield-McCoy feud. A dig that resulted in everything from the families’ wash basins to bullets believed to have been fired the morning of the legendary New Year’s battle in 1888.
As a professor with WVU Extension Service, Richardson works to build collaborations on local, state, and national levels to provide business opportunities to Mingo County and beyond.
To read more about the publicity and Richardson’s work visit the following sites.
- Artifacts found date back to Hatfield, McCoy feud
- New cable show to feature historic finds at Randall McCoy home
- The homestead burned to the ground by Hatfields in legendary family feud with McCoys 125 years ago during New Year’s Day massacre
- Bullets found in Ky. help pinpoint location of key Hatfield-McCoy battle
- National Geographic to feature Hatfield-McCoy artifacts
- Hatfield McCoy Feud Artifacts Discovered
- Discovery of historic artifacts from Hatfield and McCoy Feud announced
- Uncovering History in the Hatfield-McCoy Feud
- Artifacts help pinpoint key Hatfield-McCoy battle