WVU & WVU Extension Day at the Legislature
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 22, 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
Schedule Last Updated: March 15, 2013
Friday, March 22
- 8 – 9 a.m. Display and Exhibit Setup in Upper and Lower Rotundas.
- 9 – 9:30 a.m. Check-in and Entertainment in the Culture Center Lobby and Theater
- 9:30 – 10 a.m. Welcome -Culture Center Theater
- Welcome: Steve Bonanno, Interim Director, WVU Extension Service
- Speakers: James P. Clements, President, West Virginia University; Adam Booth, West Virginia Storyteller and musician
- 10 a.m. Group Photo – Meet on the steps of the Culture Center
- 10 – 11 a.m. Meetings with Delegates and Senators Remember to pick up and deliver items and service cards. (See below for details.)
- 11 a.m. – Noon Observe the House and Senate in session from the galleries.
- 11:30 a.m. – Noon Adam Booth storytelling – Lower Rotunda
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch – You Choose Cafeteria in Capitol Building; fast-food nearby.
- 1 – 3 p.m. Additional time to meet with delegates and senators, with appointments scheduled in advance.
- 3 p.m. Remove displays
About the day
Many educational and entertaining programs will be available at different times during the day, including:
- WVU & WVU Extension Day at the Legislature group photograph.
- Exhibitors sharing information about Extension and WVU programs.
- The Culture Center has interactive exhibits and displays and fun for all.
In addition, 4-H’ers, Master Gardeners, Community Educational Outreach Service members, volunteers, and other community members can:
- tour West Virginia’s beautiful capitol building. For many of our younger guests, this may be the first time to see the Capitol up-close-and personal.
- hear guest speakers talk about the importance of education, the impact that Extension programs had on their lives, and the importance of following your dreams.
- connect with their legislators by setting up an appointment with them before the event.
The most important activity of the day is to visit with your senators and delegates. Other activities offered during the day are optional.
We look forward to seeing you in Charleston!