WVU & WVU Extension
Day at the Legislature
Schedule of Events
Schedule Last Updated: January 26, 2017
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Charleston, West Virginia
Download a Printable Agenda (PDF)
Monday, March 27
- Setup early in the Capitol between 4:30 – 6 p.m.
Tuesday, March 28
- Setup early in the Capitol between 8 – 9 a.m.
- Exhibits will be displayed from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Capitol
- Meet with Delegates and Senators from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Observe the House and Senate Sessions from the Galleries from 11 a.m. – Noon.
- Join special guests in the Lower Rotunda from Noon – 1 p.m.
- Enjoy a meal in the Capitol Cafeteria or choose a fast-food option nearby from 1 – 2 p.m.
About the day
Many educational and entertaining programs will be available at different times during the day, including:
- Exhibitors sharing information about Extension and WVU programs.
- Activities in the Upper and Lower Rotundas.
- Cookies and coffee in the Lower Rotunda.
In addition, 4-H’ers, Master Gardeners, Community Educational Outreach Service members, volunteers, and other community members can:
- tour West Virginia’s beautiful capitol building. For many of our younger guests, this may be the first time to see the Capitol up-close-and personal.
- hear guest speakers talk about the importance of education, the impact that Extension programs had on their lives, and the importance of following your dreams.
- connect with their legislators by setting up an appointment with them before the event.
- visit other Capitol attractions including the Culture Center.
- enjoy the splendor of West Virginia’s Capitol City.
The most important activity of the day is to visit with your senators and delegates. Other activities offered during the day are optional.
We look forward to seeing you in Charleston!